Our centre programmes will follow the Principles, Strands and Goals of Te whãriki – He whãriki Matauranga mo nga Mokopuna o Aotearoa – Early Childhood Curriculum.
The Early Childhood Curriculum, Te whãriki and its strands focusing on well being, belonging, contribution, communication and exploration are interwoven throughout all we do. Supporting this are our values and principles reflected in both who we are and in our programmes.
Our Readiness for School program has been created by our experienced and qualified team, in collaboration with the new entrant teachers of our local schools. Special attention is given to not just word recognition, numeracy and vocabulary but also concentration, working in a group and routines.
Matauranga mo nga Mokopuna o Aotearoa – Early Childhood Curriculum.
Learn, grow, explore
Children are encouraged to take turns, share, care and listen to others, as well as talk about what is on their mind. It also means they will know limitations and boundaries of acceptable behaviour, contributing to a happy and secure environment.
- Empower the child to learn and grow.
- Reflect the holistic way children learn, grow and explore.
- Include the wider world of the family and community.
- Learn through responsive and reciprocal relations with people, places and things.
- Focus on well being, belonging, contribution, communication and exploration